Friday, December 14, 2007

I Got The Winter Blues

Not the its-cold-outside-and-I'm-sad blues. The I-can't-get-a-decent-dependable-accurate-forecast-to-save-my-life blues. When you know that you could better predict a snow storm with a Magic Eight Ball than depend on your local meteorologist, you begin to question this "Weatherman" profession as a whole. I seriously just heard a forecast that went something like this:
"Well, we COULD be getting some PRECIP starting tomorrow that MAY come in the form of RAIN, FREEZING RAIN, SLEET, or SNOW. This will cover BASICALLY THE ENTIRE Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia region and accumulation COULD be ANYWHERE from ZERO to THREE INCHES."
You've got to be kidding me.
I'm sure that it's worse for people like BabyDaddy and 19 (my sister) who count on things like snowstorms and other types of severe weather to add some excitement to their days. One mention of snow and they are madly texting each other about loaves of bread and gallons of milk that need to be purchased. For their sake I hope we get a doozy tomorrow. In the meantime I'll consult the Eight Ball:

Me: Magic Eight Ball, will it snow tomorrow?

MEB: My sources tell me no.

No comments: