Not that anyone is reading this because NO ONE HAS EVER POSTED A COMMENT ON MY BLOG NOT EVER but just so that all of you make-believe readers know, the semi-stay at home thing is going alright. So far I haven't committed any of the sins I listed at the beginning of all of this so things are going along just swimmingly. I am struggling a bit with balance because I still do work at the restaurant but I am also trying to give it my all at home. Case in point, yesterday I surprised the family with homemade waffles for breakfast. Now in and of itself this is not so incredible but I did also manage to do laundry (and by laundry I don't just mean a load but the whole bedsheets, slipcovers, bathroom mats, kitchen sink type of laundry day) make spaghetti sauce, bake cookies, and bake bread. By the time baby went to bed and I sat down to work on notes for upcoming wine tastings I have this weekend, I wanted to cry. Sadly, I did not have the energy to produce tears. Did I also mention that two of our three kids have pinkeye and I had dinner guests? But I have no one to blame but myself. Seriously, what the hell was I thinking? I never even sat down once the whole day. I am messed up. And I'd love to have another baby. Somebody stop me!!!!!!
Today I am working on just doing a little less. Thanks to BabyDaddy I got a chance to go to the garden this morning. Note to self: Next time you plan on neglecting your plot for three weeks take a machete with you when you return. Other than that, maybe we'll read, dance a little, but then I've got to prepare myself for tonight when I turn into my alter ego: restaurant owner who will show up with not so frizzy hair and no food, drool, or spit up on shirt(God-willing), manage to put on a little makeup but will not manage to find a pair of matching socks and no matter what will lead a kick ass wine tasting because she has to/wants to/needs to/loves to.
Oops. Gotta go, Baby just started chewing on a dead moth.
3 comments:
I just wanted to leave behind a little comment love. Also, I think your comment feature was not enabled for a while...or it just hated me because I totally wanted to leave some love in response to the "Eat the Bunny" episode.
I'm glad the working at home (I hate the term SAHM, my mom did that for two years when we were in high school and I think, when she went back to work, it was actually a relief) thing is going well for you. It would be sad if you became one of those people that uses Starbucks for stroller parking.
Also, very excited about the rose tasting this weekend. I was sad to miss out on the Spanish tasting but with summer pretty much in full swing these days I'm very excited about summer wines. Summer is a glorious time of year when I can sit outside, eat cheese and bread and drink many glasses of gewurztraminer and call it "dinner".
Hope the rest of the week goes well and I will see you Sunday!
you're the best!
I promise I read it!!!
Post a Comment